Just another day...

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A lovely Sunday

How much better can an easy Sunday start? (Well, I know how much better, but that I am going to keep to myself… :)
For now a morning concert in the Cologne Philharmonie, where I have spent most if not all of my years as a student, shall suffice.
Beethoven’s 4th piano concert and Adams' “Harmonielehre” were a condign starting shot for the 2006/07 season.
If you get a chance, please check out the very different interpretations of Adams, who is an important representative of Minimal Music. His “Harmonielehre” is taking the theme of Wagner’s Parsifal (in particular, Amfortas’ wound) – an intense audio experience, if I may say!

I deplore already the fact that the next concerts will be my last ones as I will quit the best student job ever on earth! I am not even going to start telling you how much this venue and all its performers have actually taught me about music – enjoying an enriching and enlightening overindulgence, I feel very much spoiled.

I don’t even want to think about all the great concerts and conductors of this season that I am going to miss…but it is time to say goodbye (tragic!)! I have heard, though, that there will be a big, big party exactly on my last day…I will make sure that this party will be remembered as the resurrection of “Tequila Özlem”. (Those informed, know what I am talking about ;-))

Cheers,
Özlem

PS. Marco, this is for you, ragazzo: I had to recall the beautiful concert of the NY Philharmonics ("Russia at the Hudson") and the unique backstage tour you gave me...A million thanks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home