Just another day...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Now..after two weeks...

Hello everybody,

I haven't been posting for some time now. And I think I should let you know what I have been up to until now.

Well, the 5th session of the UNPFII will be closed by tomorrow, meaning that I most probably will be assigned to another project. As I have told you before, it was very interesting seeing how people from the smallest tribes or the tiniest islands of all over the world made their way to UN Headquarters in NYC for drawing attention on problems they and their community are faced with everyday. A lot of people made a statement and handed in recommendations on how to improve their situation, calling upon governments, institutions and the UN system to grant them i.a. a life in dignity.

The last two weeks have been very busy and at times even stressful. But I have to say that I love (!) what I am doing. It's great to be a part of all this!

And now...I am actually waiting for my dear friend Pavan to finish her report, so that we can leave and walk through Midtown.

Oh and at this point, I'd like to thank Michael for lending me his notebook. I make sure I'll break it before I leave :)) I am such a true friend, right Michael?!

Alright, there is still so much I could talk about, but I feel I should leave something for later. And beside that, I want to get out of the office…Pavan, would you please hurry up!! ;-)
Oh, Pavan is my dear friend and colleague, who I have met on my very first day at IOM. But I feel like I have been knowing her for ages…but don’t even get me started on this…so funny!!

Talk to you later…
Oz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home