Just another day...

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Punk-Lavazza!


My dear friends,

am I in London or rather in some Italian city? How come there are so many Italians I bump into these days?! It all started in my apartment and went on at this really cozy, funky house party hosted by -of course- Italians! Almost all of them were PhD students (one of them was even one of my tutorial conveners:)).
I felt like being in “Mama Italia” if it hadn’t been for this one charming Pakistani who crashed the party after hearing music on the street when walking by. He just rang the bell and had a great time with us! -Good thing…I assume that’s how things work here in London Town!

Isn’t it amazing that people keep thinking I am from New York? I must have it written on my forehead or maybe it is my bright-eyed way of rhapsodizing about New York. Clearly, it is still and will remain my favorite place. I know some of you New Yorkers have doubts about my New York commitment. Let me assure you in the strongest terms possible that I do indeed like London, but I adore (!) NYC! –Basta! (I see the Italian influence in me coming to the forefront…) BTW, Brooklyn/Park Slope is in the house! - literally in many of the courses I have chosen!!

After making a little expedition to the neighborhoods nearby, I can’t believe the central location I inhabit. It is awesome –Camden Town is only a 15-minute walk away, providing everything London is known for – in the most authentic way possible! (As a footnote: Fra, I will most definitely make sure that the magic of London will be enjoyed to the fullest – Which party, did you say, are we going to, when you finally return?! :)

And I also should mention this great SOAS reception for the international intellectual crowd: I found myself –again- among Italians speaking Chinese, Indians, Canadians speaking Turkish and Singaporeans… Having this as an appetizer I eagerly await all the other acquaintances.

Have a pleasant night!

Özlem

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 29, 07:43:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
soso, da treibst du dich jetzt also zwischen Pizza, Pasta und Mafia rum, und das mitten in London! :-)
Mir gehts super hier, ich hab mich entschieden, einen Fernkurs DaF zu machen und habe dann hoffentlich nächsten Sommer ein Zertifikat und damit eine offizielle theoretische Ausbildung für das, was ich hier so tue. Öfter mal was Neues...
Hoffe deine Schule macht Spaß und ist so, wie du sie dir vorgestellt hast!
Fetter Knutscher,

Eika

 

Post a Comment

<< Home