Just another day...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tanghetto interlude


Dear all,

the last week, including the weekend (which is by nature always too short) have been tough, to say the least.
My current life as a responsible postgraduate student constantly confronts me to a dilemma, in which I continuously seesaw the pros and cons of starring at the books or leaving the apt to explore what more London has to offer. I am a bad liar, so I should say that the latter option prevailed so far (Do you think that should make me nervous?). But I just couldn’t resist a friend’s invitation to an electronical Tango concert in Notting Hill. Recalling almost faded memories of dancing Tango in the streets of Buenos Aires in 2003, I felt somewhat obliged to enjoy the ardent melody of Tanghetto on a nostalgic Monday night.

Anyhow, I feel I have found a way, if not the way to get on all relevant guestlists. Let me tell you that London’s bars are just amazing in terms of style, design and ardor. And I haven’t even really started yet…but why the rush? Reading week is just a few steps away :) (I am joking!)

But one of the highlights of last week was certainly seeing my dear friend Frà again. About to do some serious business at the Ecuadorian-Colombian border, he introduced to me popular Japanese cuisine à la London-style. Delicious! -Gracias, hombre y mucha suerte!!

Özlem

PS. FYI, Frà, intellectual property rights in all materials that are available on this site belong to me –including this very nice picture of the two of us :)

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 10, 08:27:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Jane said...

Hi Özlem,

sieht ja ganz so aus, als würdest Du dich im tollen London pudelwohl fühlen! Weiter schönes Einleben und Genießen deiner postdoc-Zeit!

Christiane

 
At Tue Oct 10, 09:00:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Özlem said...

Haha, Postdoc?? Nein, nun wirklich, das wäre zu viel Ehre; das würde ja heißen, dass ich bereits promoviert hätte.
Nur ein Master of Science (MSc), den ich hier mache, wahrscheinlich aber nicht minder anstrengend.

Cheers,
Özlem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home