Just another day...

Friday, November 03, 2006

"Thanks for coming, shit(e)"

Isn’t it lovely when you are surrounded by people that make sure you make the most of London?! It is even more so on a dark and windy weekday when your correspondent (that would be me) had actually decided to be nerdy and disengage from any social obligations. But how could I ever resist my charming French roommate when he asked for my company? Exactly, I just couldn’t!

Now, you probably have heard of Cat Power. Shamefully, I hadn’t until that one night when CB took me to one of her very rare concerts in London’s famous Roundhouse.
Shy Cat welcomed her audience with a grateful: “Thanks for coming, shit(e)!”… and launched out beautifully southern-styled songs which were accompanied by the Memphis Rhythm Band.
I liked her rather modern, very abstract, yet at times balletesque dance moves, which at first looked somewhat lost. But it all made sense once I grasped the overall chaotic, fragmented framework of her show.

Summa summarum: A powerful voice you should definitely look out for!

Oh, this as a footnote: I am very close, so close to finding my next favorite hookah café. Clearly, New York’s “Maia” is pretty hard to beat given the special treat I got as an extremely frequent guest, but I feel I should give London a chance, maybe just to bridge the gap. What does New York think??

Love,
Özlem

PS. Talking about Maia: I just found these pics of just a few of the many beautiful nights we had there!

Isn't this the coolest mohawk you have ever seen? -So funky!

2 Comments:

At Sun Nov 12, 12:45:00 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Özzi,
was ist los? Bist du in der Londoner Partyszene versumpft oder wirst du an der Uni so mit Arbeit zugeballert, dass ich hier in Brasilien nur vermuten kann, wie es dir so geht? Laß mal wieder was von dir hören!!
War die letzten 2 Tage auf einem superinteressanten Seminar in Sao Paulo und hab dann auch dort mal das breite Bar-und Kneipenangebot ausgenutzt. :-)

Ganz viele liebe Grüße, drück dich!

Eika

 
At Sun Nov 12, 04:48:00 PM GMT, Blogger Özlem said...

Ja, so etwas in der Art: Volles Programm auf allen Ebenen!

Melde mich sehr bald bei dir - Versprochen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home