Just another day...

Saturday, November 18, 2006

We got the Funk (2)

Thank goodness! I knew the slotting (note this is British English :-) of the last few days would somehow be rewarded. Last night was certainly a highlight and I could not have asked for more: The London premier of “Rock the Bells” as part of the 10th annual RESFEST was certainly a must-see. Please do yourself a favor and check out this great documentary on how concert promoter Cheng Weissberg successfully manages to reunite the legendary Wu Tang Clan.

The film was followed by what I would call the icing on the cake (Why on earth do I always need to revert to metaphors that imply edibles?? ☺) - That is, one of the coolest parties I have been to in London so far.
Blacktronica presented his finest and was accompanied by no other than DJ MK (Roots Manuva) and live trumpets and horns directly flown in from Chicago.
Needless to say that the crowd was just enchanting to say the least. Musicians, filmmakers & Co were all over the place! I am sorry, I wish I could give you a pictured idea – I promise to think of it next time.


FYI, RESFEST New York and Berlin are still tba –please make sure you catch it –no regrets, really!

Oz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home